Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Default New Video Sneak Peek

Alun, I don't understand the coding thing, and I am pretty sure it is more
of a NTSC vs PALS thing than anything else. I am just the pretty face on
the camera, and have little to do with the technical end. ;-) I can tell
you that there are a number of your countrymen who have purchased and viewed
the first one successfully.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine

www.wonderfulwood.com

"Alun" wrote in message
Bill Grumbine wrote:

Comments and questions are always welcome, public or private. I will
post again when the video is available to be shipped, probably in about
three weeks.

I'm considering ordering this, but am just puzzled as to why the DVD is
coded for Region 1, or for that matter any region at all. The whole region
coding thing was devised by the big movie studios so as to be able control
the release of their products in different regions of the world, which
clearly doesn't apply in this case. Anyone can make and distribute their
own region free DVD's, which will play on ANY player, quite legally.
There's the NTSC vs. PAL thing too, but that's usually less of a problem
than hacking your DVD player to be multi-region.

Just wondering ...

--
Alun Saunders (in Ireland!)