Posted to sci.electronics.repair
info

Default Panasonic tv doesn't have picture

Hi,
My tv has stopped working. The symptoms are as follows,

Recently I noticed that the picture requires ever longer times
to start after switching the tv on. The sound comes on
immediately. I new that eventually, the pictures will not come
on, and now I have reached that point. It seems as though
the picture cannot "complete" the "warm up" stage. The
screen is completely dark, i.e. as if there is no power.
I have checked all the controls, and it is not a brightness
setting or the tv/vcr switch, I am sure of that.

The model is Panasonic TX-W28R3

I am guessing that this is due to some dried out electrolyte,
but this is just my educated guess, due to the fact that the
fault became progressively worse, which could be an
electrolyte in the process of drying up.

If anyone has any experience with this particular model, please
tell me what is the part, and I will fix this in a flash.

Thanks
B.Eng