Posted to alt.home.repair
karsan

Default surge protectors

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"karsan" wrote in message
oups.com...
It is dangerous to have more than one surge protectors in you home I
have 3 surge protectors running in my home.

If you mean the kind that plug into the wall (may be called power strips)
and they are installed in seperate outlets, you can not have too many in
your house.
The only thing is if you have too many things using too much current plugged
in to them. Then a fuse or breaker should blow or trip.

I have 4 or 5 in use right now. One on each of the TV sets, computers and
my ham radio gear.

In a house I lived in before I moved , having 3 in use probably saved me a
bunch of equipment. A surge during a lightning storm took out 3 of the
protectors but did not get any of the electronic gear except an unprotected
telephone and an internal surge supressor saved most of the electronics in
the oven control.

I have a surge protector for my computer, the telephone, and our lamp.
We only have one televison.