Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Feeding Long wires through Conduit

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
If the conduit is not installed, run the cables through as you install
the lengths of the conduit. Simple.

Read and understand the words "the Large size conduit (circa 5 inch) is
already buried in the ground".

Anyway, running cables as you install conduit is contrary to the IEE regs.
Conduit has to be complete before any cables are installed. I know this is
for France, but that's no excuse for bad habits.

Nonsense! Then they are wrong. You can have a string attached to the
cable, screw on a length of conduit and pull through so the cable is still
inside the conduit end, then another length and then another pull, and so
on. easy. You will not harm the cable as you go and you can even smear
grease if you like. I have done it in the past. Worked brilliantly