Posted to uk.d-i-y
none

Default Feeding Long wires through Conduit

Conduit may be to big , but could try running a bit of string through a
tennis ball, tying it off, blast the ball thru with compressed air (distance
may be to far), then you at least have a draw line. Hope this helps. Seen it
done on ducts along bridge decks before.
"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Mill in France that has a new Borehole, located circa 40
metres away, the Large size conduit (circa 5 inch) is already buried in
the ground, I am going to fit a Borehole pump 20 metres down the hole,
then run the wire through the conduit to the Mill.
But how do I get the wire to feed 40 metres down the conduit?, I have
read on the net that I could use curtain wire, but will this feed 40
metres without Kinking? I am reluctant to purchase a Quick cable set as
they come in 10 metre lengths and I would need to buy 4 of them for a
one off job.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Paul

If the conduit is not installed, run the cables through as you install
the lengths of the conduit. Simple.

There is a clue in "the Large size conduit (circa 5 inch) is already
buried in
the ground,"

Jim A