Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Mental Whiplash

I doubt it was an arbitrary decision. The extractor port was likely designed
to fit existing accessories. As for why they didn't consider imperial sizes,
we are the only country in the world that uses it, everyone else is metric.
Contrary to popular belief (by Americans), the world does not revolve around
the US. It was probably not a consideration.

"charlie b" wrote in message
CW wrote:

They built it to standards that everyone in the world uses except the

US,
metric.

"charlie b" wrote in message
The dust extractor is 1.06" diameter - why they
couldn't just go with 1" is beyond me.

So they went for 27 mm? Not 25 mm or 30 mm, but 27 mm?
25 mm would work for both metric and imperial. Why 27mm?

charlie b