Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Bricks over concrete patio?

Walter R. wrote:
I have an outdoor patio 11x40. The concrete slab has some 1/32" heat
expansion cracks,
unsightly but not really structural.

To improve the appearance I would like to put a layer of split pavers
(bricks, 1 1/4" thick) on top
of the concrete slab, without gluing them down and without joining the
bricks by mortar or grout. By abutting the bricks it should not
matter if the small
cracks work a little in the future. The split pavers will be enclosed
by walls on all sides. Any tiny voids between the bricks will be
filled in with brushed sand.

I do not have vertical space for standard pavers (thresholds).

Is this feasible? Thank you for any input.

Walter
www.rationality.net

I suggest a bed of sand under the brick.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit