Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
no(SPAM)vasys

Default Moisture Content Meter?

Dan Bollinger wrote:
That's not the first time I've seen that machine of yours, and it
never fails to be impressive. Nice work.

Thanks!

I'd have liked to help with the MC question, but have never even seen
one in person, much less used one of them. Could be that others are
in the same boat.

I'm sure that most of us don't use them, I was hoping to find one or two
who had.

Dan

Hi dan,

I have the Lignomat "mini Ligno E" that I use primarily for checking air
dried flat stock that I use for case work. It's the only one I've ever
used.

I've never had a way of checking its accuracy, but by comparing the
reading of the air dried stock to that of kiln dried stock of the same
species I've never had a problem.

The meter sells for about $100. See:

http://www.lignomat.com/handheld/miniE.htm

--