Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dan Bollinger

Default Moisture Content Meter?

Thought so. I usually think of swing as the radius.

Swing is the largest diameter a lathe can turn inboard.

Still HUGE! You'll
need to cage it so someone doesn't get whacked coming in from the side.
Sorta reminds me of starting aircraft engines the old fashioned way. I
imagine the pucker factor will be similar. )

The work only turns at about 50 rpm and all the flayling about is on the
backside. On the frontside, where the cutting happens, the motion is more like
that of plain turning. In fact, at the front centerline there is no
back-and-forth motion, otherwise you could cut an oval. Take a look at one of
the videos I have.

Dan