Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall

Default Feeding Long wires through Conduit

Hi

On 10 Jun 2006 07:27:33 -0700, "

I have a Mill in France that has a new Borehole, located circa 40
metres away, the Large size conduit (circa 5 inch) is already buried in
the ground, I am going to fit a Borehole pump 20 metres down the hole,
then run the wire through the conduit to the Mill.
But how do I get the wire to feed 40 metres down the conduit?, I have
read on the net that I could use curtain wire, but will this feed 40
metres without Kinking? I am reluctant to purchase a Quick cable set as
they come in 10 metre lengths and I would need to buy 4 of them for a
one off job.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Paul

I havent got a ferret!
I havent got a Goldfish!
I havent got a small dog!
I cant use a pressure washer cos I aint got water yet!!!!!!!!!
You would need a vacum cleaner with more vacum than whats in Tony B
liars head, to suck 40 metres!
Any sensible suggestions?

Depending on how deep the conduit is - don't suppose
some kind of radio-controlled car / tank / whatever could be used
to 'tow' a thin line (?string?) down the conduit - then use the thin
string to pull something useful down behind it....?

When you do eventually solve it - make sure to leave a cord down there
for the next poor person who is faced with the same problem.

You probably could do it with drain rods - used to have trouble with a
communal drain along the back of 10 semi-detached houses - and it was
'just' possible to rod from one end to the other - but it meant going
up & down the street scrounging drain rods - and the 'wheel thing' on
the end was a definite must...

It'll be no consolation - but the person who installed the conduit
should have left you a draw cord.....

HTH
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply