Posted to alt.home.repair
richardcool

Default Recharge my home's own A/C

Nice Thread.

I was actually considering doign a recharge on a smaller unit (Carrier
International Series.. mfg date Dec '89). It sits in my kitchen
windowsill.

The unit requires 23.5 Oz of R-22.

I opened up the unit and all looks very basic. There is a condenser,
compressor, a few relays, and some control circuit. The unit even has a
schematic printed on a sticker in the unit (which is nice since I don't
have the manual).

Now, A question for all the A/C buffs-- I moved into this house in '94 and
haven't done a recharge to date. My A/C finally gave out last summer.. Is
this typical for a good unit? How often do "leaky" units get recharged?

Thanks,
Richard