Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort

Default Feeding Long wires through Conduit

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:31:01 -0700, wrote:

I have a Mill in France that has a new Borehole, located circa 40
metres away, the Large size conduit (circa 5 inch) is already buried in
the ground, I am going to fit a Borehole pump 20 metres down the hole,
then run the wire through the conduit to the Mill.
But how do I get the wire to feed 40 metres down the conduit?, I have
read on the net that I could use curtain wire, but will this feed 40
metres without Kinking? I am reluctant to purchase a Quick cable set as
they come in 10 metre lengths and I would need to buy 4 of them for a
one off job.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Paul

Mouse and food. Tie light string to mouse, put mouse in one end of
conduit and food at the other end. Wait!!

Dave