Posted to alt.home.repair
Warren Weber

Default Removing dried latex paint from stained trim

"Dan" wrote in message
. ..
Painting a window yesterday, I accidentally got a bit of white latex
primer on some surrounding trim, light brown stained pine (just stain, no
lacquer, etc). (basically, the edge of the brush grazed the trim in one
spot, so it's not like a drip that can be easily chipped off. Is there
any way to remove this paint, short of sandpaper or a chisel? Tried one of
those "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers", NOGO. I'm wondering if there's any
solvent that might work?

TIA

Dan

I have used alcohol (denatured shellac thinner) Works great. WW