Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan

Default Removing dried latex paint from stained trim

Seth Goodman wrote:
In article , on Thu, 08
Jun 2006 11:28:04 -0700, Dan wrote:

Painting a window yesterday, I accidentally got a bit of white latex
primer on some surrounding trim, light brown stained pine (just stain,
no lacquer, etc). (basically, the edge of the brush grazed the trim in
one spot, so it's not like a drip that can be easily chipped off. Is
there any way to remove this paint, short of sandpaper or a chisel?
Tried one of those "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers", NOGO. I'm wondering if
there's any solvent that might work?

"Goof-Off" will usually remove latex, even when dry. Any hardware store
will sell it. However, it's pretty volatile. It might also take off
some of the stain from the trim, or leave a stain of its own. I'd
suggest trying it on an inconspicuous place to make sure the cure isn't
worse than the disease.

Thanks Seth!

Dan