Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default New sealant round bath bringing tiles off

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:46:20 +0100, Richard Conway
wrote:

1) Try and fit maybe 2 battens vertically on the wall under the bath.
Theses would support the lip at the top but be screwed at the bottom
where access is not restricted by the bath itself. This would only work
if there was actually enough room to do it - which is doubtful

2) If there is enough space between the bath and the wall when the tiles
are removed, it may be possible to push two or three angle brackets up
behind the bath and screw them to the wall above it before tiling over.
The L would fit tightly against the lip so as to support it.

Probably worth investigating how it's supported underneath first, it
might look as if it's been done by 'The Cat In The Hat'...

If I were to do either of these, what state should the bath be in while
I attach them - full or empty? I don't want to attach supports when its
empty to find that the bath can't take the movement when I fill it up
and starts to crack or something

I'd be very wary of supporting the lip on points, it may well do just
that. If the support underneath is checked and sorted then it may well
be OK.

Also check the frame round the panel is supporting that side well.

cheers,
Pete.