Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Plantation shutter repair

most likely it was cheap plastic and vinyl destroyed by sun. Unless you had
a dog that put his paws on it. Some Ace hardware stores have drawers of
wierd things. So does Home Depot and Lowes. You might check there.

"KC" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a replacement part to repair some vinyl plantation
shutters. In a wood shutter, the louvers are attached to the tilt
wand with metal staples, but these shutters have a T-shaped nylon pin.
This isn't the round pin that goes into the stile of the shutter.

The small "wings" of the "T" go inside the louver and the long part
attaches to the tilt want. Of course, these flexible little wings
break off and the louver is disconnected from the tilt wand.

I have searched online to no avail. I can't even find a brand new
shutter that uses this fastener method.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

I moved out of the rental unit and the landlord is making an issue of
this. I swear I was about to use a glue gun to "create" enough of a
"wing" to keep the louver from turning!

I'd be grateful for any ideas at all.

KC