Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default barn plans - gambrel roof - free

On 6/8/2006 8:31 AM R. Pierce Butler mumbled something about the following:
I am looking for a source of some free barn plans that feature a gambrel
roof. The reason I am looking is that I have a small 15x30 barn and I think
that a few shortcuts were taken during construction and would like to verify
and correct those shortcuts. For instance he used a single 2x12 for the main
support beam. It is currently bowed downward. I plan to correct that soon.
I find the lack of trussing/ceiling joists? disturbing as well. I could take
some pictures if anyone cares.

Thanks

Pierce

I built my 16x24 shed with a gambrel roof with no trusses, and if done
properly, isn't a problem. I even have a 2' extension out the front to
hook a hoist to so I can lift things upstairs from the outside. I've
loaded in excess of 300 lbs off this without any movement in the joists.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???