Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pool filter size?

I purchased my pool approximately 3 years ago (above ground 24' round
with 48" sidewalls, approximately 13,000 gallons). I've often wondered
if the filter I was sold (as part of the pool kit) was appropriate for
the size pool I have because no one else around me has a filter this
small (80 lb. sand). I've never had clear water. I'm constently
monitoring pool chemicals and haven't had much problem maintaining the
values where I'm told to keep them. Over the past month I've spent
nearly $400 on chemicals and still have a green pool. As an occupation,
I install ornamental aluminum fencing around inground pools so I know a
few pool installers. They have told me my filter is too small but the
supplier where I bought the pool says this is a standard installation
and they've never had any problems with the 80 lb filters.

What do I do? I've been told that I need three things to maintain a
clear pool, circulation (1hp pump), chemicals (daily monitoring and
maintenance), and filtration (I don't know that I can afford another
stinking filter).

Help please!!!!!!!!