Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty (OT now?)

wrote in message
Leon, in the situation you described, you evaluated the pros & cons
and made a reasonable decision. I probably would have done the same.
I have purchased an extended warranty a few times but only after
evaluating it as you did. Most of the extended warranties I have been
offered with appliance, electronics, and to keep somewhat on topic, even
woodworking tools, have not been worh buying IMHO. That was the only
point I was trying to make in my original reply to your original post.

Agreed, and as my first response, that a fool is born every few minutes, if
you take your tool to the cashier and the cashier sells you the contract
with out you seeing all the details it could be a foolish decision. You
absolutely should read all the details and not take a salesman word on the
details.