Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default New woodworking machinery company

Robert Bonomi (in ) said:

| In article ,
| Morris Dovey wrote:
(in
) said:
||| As for me, I can't for the life of me figure out what the next new
||| "it" tool will be.
|| [from elsethread]
|| Keep your eyes peeled for a motorized wench...
|
| Will it come in a stripped-down model, for those of us on a budget?

From my experiences with an early prototype, I'd suggest you focus on
quality rather than price. As usual, knowing as much as possible about
the manufacturer provides much better information than the
advertizing. I was strongly attracted by the random orbital feature
but very much disliked that the randomization feature was wired into
the on-off switch. I had the cordless model and it would turn on when
I wasn't even in the shop. After-the-fact research has indicated that
although the basic design was good, someone at the factory had played
with it enough to damage several of the control circuits and, as a
result, it was out of true and never could be depended upon.

The current failure rate appears to be close to 50% - so shop
carefully to get good value.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar