Posted to sci.chem,sci.physics,uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

Default WD40 or 3-in-one: which is better

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:49:04 +0100, Andrei Semyon wrote:

I want some spray oil to use as a very light oil.
Not for use as a penetrating oil.

3 in 1

More as a waterproofing oil.
Also as a solvent for the glue on adhesive labels.

WD40

Which of these two products would be more suitable for me?

Both. WD40 is not a lubricant it is a water displacer. It does have some
light oils but they evaporate or dry out over time. These light oils in
WD40 don't really make it suitable as a adhesive solvent, they stain and
remain requiring further clean up. I find lighter fluid much better for
that as it quickly and fully evaporates, it doesn't mark timber either.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail