Tim..

Default Pressure washer woes

"David" wrote in message
om...
My nearly-new Kaercher pressure washer has developed a problem... when
I use it with the 'normal' wand (as opposed to the twirly dirt-blaster
thingy), the motor/pump keeps cutting in and out so that I get a
pulsatile flow of about two blasts per second. (I have occasionally
seen this with the twirly wand as well).

What could be causing this? I wondered about a partial blockage in
the wand - would that cause these symptoms? It seems to work
perfectly well when the pump is in its 'on' phase, and I can't see
anything amiss. The water supply by hose is fine I'm sure - it's fed
from a direct mains-fed tap.

Usually when this happens its because you have a small bit of grit in the
nozzle which is causing the pressure to rise past the relief valve setting.

Best way is to remove the lance from the trigger or nozzle from lance (if
possible) and clean it by applying water backwards through the nozzle. Or
use some bristles from a washing up brush. Don't use wire!

Tim..

---