Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Emissions from electric storage heaters

On 6 Jun 2006 13:47:43 -0700 someone who may be "louise"
wrote this:-

All our walls and ceilings have a black 'soot /
charcol' dust substance. It is that bad you can write your name in it!

Then you must live in a very polluted location. Generally one can
only see this discolouration on the wall fairly near the heater.
Shelves over the heater will deflect it away from the walls.

Inside the heaters also have this black dust.

This dust has come into the heater from the air passing through it.
Some of it has landed on the inside, the rest has continued through
the heater.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh