Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty (OT now?)

In article ,
Leon wrote:
...snipped...

The $500 bought the better extended warranty plus it included a $200 rebate,
and 20% discount on the whole order. In addition it bumped the initial
purchase price of just the computer up to $2300 before any discounts which
qualified my purchase for an additional $200 discount for going past $2000

etc.

...snippped...

Leon, in the situation you described, you evaluated the pros & cons
and made a reasonable decision. I probably would have done the same.
I have purchased an extended warranty a few times but only after
evaluating it as you did. Most of the extended warranties I have been
offered with appliance, electronics, and to keep somewhat on topic, even
woodworking tools, have not been worh buying IMHO. That was the only
point I was trying to make in my original reply to your original post.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland