Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty (OT now?)

I can't argue with anyone's personal experience working for a computer
manufacturer, but some of the previous posts just don't seem right to
me. I'm writing this right now on a Compaq laptop, running linux,
with a Hitachi hard drive that I installed myself. I've
installed different make drives in Thinkpads and Gateway laptops as
well and never had any trouble, beyond cloning or otherwise installing
an OS, in getting them to work. And what's this about an internal
drive? I mean, they ARE removable and replaceable. And as I said, in
my experience it is easier to replace the ("internal") hard drive in
a laptop than in a desktop or tower system. Every one I've seen is
very easily accessible.

Oh, and by the way, I am sitting at a WOODEN desk.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland