Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default My hot attic - conclusion

CJT wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Steve Kulpa wrote:

If it makes the heat pump run less - that's a good trade off imho!

also, there is no insulation under the roof, just above the ceiling

And keep it that way. Insulating under the roof will raise the
temperature of the roof to the point it may become damaged. At
least that is true for many areas and roofing types.

Do you have a credible cite for that? I suspect it's an urban myth.

Well if I said it would start a fire, I would call it an urban legend. I
may have miss worded it. How about "Insulating under the roof may raise the
temperature of the roof to the point it may reduce its life" :-)

steve

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit