Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty (OT now?)

Upscale wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
And you'd be very, very wrong. Try calling a professional data recovery
centre and ask them about charges for an entire hard drive ~ even a
relatively small one, say a forty gigger. Ask them what it would cost

and
come back here to tell me that I'm wrong.

Already did. About 1500 bucks.

Really? How about giving me the name of the company and their phone number
so I can verify that price.

Google "data recovery" and you'll find several services that offer recovery
in that range.

And just as an aside, how does the amount of $1500 back up your claim that
an extended warranty of $500 that Leon paid should include hard drive
replacement *and* data recovery. Right away, it's obvious that it would
never be profitable or meet a break even level for any company to offer
recovery service with their computers.

You don't have a clue how insurance works, do you?

But, forget that. Give me the name and phone number of the data recovery
company you called. I'd like to hear what they have to say.

Like I said, there are several with pricing in that range.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate