Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty (OT now?)

"Upscale" wrote in message

Not necessarily. He didn't say that it was a removable hard drive. It may
well have been an internal one. I'm not familiar with Dell as a user, but
also suspect that their drives may be equipped with a semi-proprietary OS
that recognizes only their own hardware fully. In a case like that, some
off
the shelf drive would be mostly useless. It's also possible that some OEM
drive could also void all warranty of any type.

The HD has 2 exposed external screws to remove and the drive slides right
out. A 2 minute swap out. The big advantage of the $500 extended watrranty
was the BIG additional discounts and rebated it qualified my order for.
Ultimately the extended warranty cost about $115 over no extended warranty
and I doubt you can buy any laptop 80 gig HD for that price delivered to
your door step next day.