Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty (OT now?)

In article ,
Leon wrote:
...previous quote snipped...

...snipped...
.... As an example, I bought my son a Dell laptop for college. I
went through the school links to get to the Dell site and added the 4 year
extended warranty that includes faster service and accidental breakage. The
warranty cost about $500 extra but going through the school I ended up with
$600 in discounts plus a $200 rebate. The advantage as you stated was that
when the hard drive failed the computer was up and running in less than 24
hours and we had a more direct phone number to call to get warranty
assistance with out having to wait on hold for more than 3 or 4 minutes.

For $500 you could have bought several laptop hard drives, and they
are generally even easier to install than in a desktop or tower
system. Did the extended warranty include data recovery, or just parts
& labor?

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland