Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Plumbing Installs by NEWBIE

I am being stalled (for 7 months now) on insurance claim and am living
without stove, toilet, lavatory or kitchen sink. I have spent ALL my
money on extra living expenses & am barely avoiding bankruptcy. So, my
only option is to install my new fixtures myself. I have pipes and new
water lines with cut-offs installed already. But, I need to hook up
PVC drains (need solvent and glue) and I need to know which kind of
valves to use to connect braided supply lines to faucets and to copper
lines. Wish I could show you photographs! Also need to know what is
needed for toilet install besides the wax ring and water supply line
and the innards.

Also, I have some un-connected electrical wiring which I'd like to
complete, because although I capped the wires, they are not useful at
all; not are the circuits along the lines. I think I know how to do
all that.

Do I need more than a new basin wrench, pipe compound, pvc glue, and
stuff like that?
Can anybody help me without actually looking at the situation? Am I in
big trouble?

Thanks so much!

Greener than green...........Liz