Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb

Default Bibb washer source?

HerHusband wrote:
Need stem/bonnet beveled washer for several hose bibbs
Anybody have source to find beveled washers of following two sizes--
5/16" ID, 13/16" OD, 3/16" T
5/16" ID, 13/16" OD, 3/8" T
Could probably make do w/ 1/4" ID and 3/4" OD.

You could try these sites online:

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...t-washers.aspx

http://www.doityourself.com/icat/beveledbibbwasher

http://www.plumbingandsupply.com/ind...Path=404_40402

Anthony

There's a couple of these I hadn't located--thanks. The doityourself
location was one H had found earlier. Their selection _seems_ as near
as I can tell to include only faucet washers w/ small diameter ID's for
holding screw as opposed to the stem packing washer.

I'll look at the others more closely and see if I can find anything.
I'm tempted to just order a couple of styles and see if I can manage to
enlarge the ID to fit but it is really difficult in general to make a
clean enough cut in rubber that one would be able to get a good seal...

Anyway, thanks again for the effort...