Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Fans

wrote:
thanks everyone for their replies. I think I got the answer I was
looking for. Basically I will not have to worry about tripping my
circuit breaker. I will most likely use some kind of fan brace that
they sell at home depot.

The advice about there only being a single circuit going to the light
is a good one. One solution would be to use the wireless remotes
that are available. You could remove/bypass the existing switch, then
use the remote to control the fan/lights. If you want the lights to
still be controlled by the wall switch, then things get more
complicated. You'd have to get a new hot wire run to the fans. If
there is attic above, that could be fairly easy. If not, it's a real
pain. You could then use a wireless for the fan and the wall switch
for the lights.