Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty

"Swingman" wrote in message

You just have to pay close attention to what you're getting.

Ecaxtly. I have to be leary of the generic ones sold by the cashier at the
cash register who may or may not enen know what you are purchasing. :~)
Take Best Buy for example. I dont need an extended warranty on that CD I am
purchasing.

Snip

This happened to me a couple of years ago with a computer monitor that
went
out on the 364th day of the manufacturer's warranty, a Friday, and I
inadvertently, not remembering the exact day of purchase, called the wrong
party. They did not get back to me until the next working day, at which
point both invoked the fine print and neither wanted to repair/replace it.

... well, they attempted to, and would have, had they been dealing with a
pussy.

Was that when you put your wife on the phone to wear them down. LOL. With
all due respect for you and your wife I am only saying this because of your
comments about her and how she gets the situation handled. ;~)
For others reading this, Swingman's wife is a true "Good Luck Charm" great
to have around when trying to resolve a problem or smply to have around when
trying to find a close parking place.

That said, we always purchase extended warranties on appliances put in new
homes because it is often past the manufacturer's warranty when the house
is
sold and the appliance put into use. I am beginning to think, that with
all
the shoddy goods out there, an extended warranty ain't such a bad idea in
some cases.

I feel they are good when the repairs will cost you while still trying to
finish paying for a particular purchase like a car or in instances like you
have mentioned or.... when you need faster than normal warranty service.