Glenn Ashmore

Default George and Steel Tarifs

Why would you give someone credit for getting his butt in a crack and
trying to squirm out? Bush wanted votes from the steel states so he
made all the rest of us pay 30% more for our raw material. Now his
chickens are coming home to roost. You want to give him credit for
that? AND NOW he walks away with another million in big steel bribes
for his next campaign. He's got one heavy set of gonads. The problem
is that we are the jock strap.

I give him credit for being good at pandering for votes and having us
pay for them. You might have called Clinton "Slick Willie" but the
Dubwa is down right slimy.

Marv Soloff wrote:

FYI:

You have to give Bush credit:

"PITTSBURGH (Reuters) - President Bush picked up $850,000 in campaign
contributions in the heart of America's steel industry on Tuesday even
as he prepared to lift tariffs that have been helping the steelmakers.

Supporters of the tariffs lodged a last-ditch effort to keep the
protections in place. Bush heard arguments from Pennsylvania Republican
Sen. Arlen Specter and U.S. Steel Corp. Chairman Tom Usher, a sponsor of
the campaign fund-raiser which the Bush re-election campaign said had
been planned long before the steel decision became imminent.

Scores of steelworkers demonstrated near the Pittsburgh site of Bush's
event."

In admiration,

Marv

--