Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Fans

thanks everyone for their replies. I think I got the answer I was
looking for. Basically I will not have to worry about tripping my
circuit breaker. I will most likely use some kind of fan brace that
they sell at home depot.

SQLit wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, looking for some advice here. I would like to replace my ceiling
light fixture with a ceiling fan w/light. Is there anything I should
be aware of as far as power is concerned? Will I need to upgrade my
electrical since I'm replacing lights with two motors? I don't want to
keep resetting my circuit breakers. I don't know much about electrical
systems so any advice would be helpful. I think the fans would both be
on a 20 amp circuit. Thanks.

Lighting circuits can be 15 amp. Where I live they are 15 amp almost
exclusively.

I have never seen a ceiling fan with 2 motors. Or do you mean 2 fans with
one motor each?
Unless your using something out of the ordinary the motors should pose no
problem.

HOWEVER, the support of the fan might be a issue. There are special fan
boxes, with 10-24 screws that are attached to the structure. Hanging a fan
from a regular box is just asking for trouble. Home stores have several
kinds available.

Check to see how the boxes are supported, before you buy anything.