Posted to alt.home.repair
dno

Default Inexpensive Paint Sprayer

Photon713 wrote:
Morning all...

Looking for an inexpensive, around $100, paint sprayer to
spray paint a pergola. I will be using a white latex outdoor paint.
Painting by brush would take forever. Spray painting is the only
viable option. Anyone have a recommendation?

Regards...Bob

--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1

HIRE SOMEONE TO DO IT. You can get a college student or a friendly
immigrant to do it for under $100 (with the added advantage that you
won't have to do a thing). Spraying will put overspray on everything
(house, car, garden, neighbor's stuff, etc.) and you need to wear a
decent mask that will cost $20.00 itself. Cutting down on overspray
requires a lot of prep time and materials such as tarps or vinyl
sheeting (more money?) PAINTING BY HAND ISN'T AS HARD AS IT SOUNDS -
The flat surfaces are rolled (duh) and only the corners and tight spots
are brushed. It doesn't take as long as you think if you were to do it
yourself. You can buy a roller for under ten bucks that is the width
of the 4x4 stock you probably have the thing built out of. Spraying
sounds great but trust me, you will not like the overspray (I paint for
a living).