Posted to alt.home.repair

Default self cleaning oven

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 06:04:52 -0400, "Ronald'"
wrote:

My recent experience with a self cleaning oven was not good. The result was
that the entire oven electronics failed. The serviceman said that they
cannot take that heat more than a few times. My conclusion is to not use
the feature.

Might be brand/model related. My last one [Magic Chef] went 12 yrs
on the electronics-- the replacement electronics went 6 more.
Corrosion of the burners and floor of the oven is what made me finally
give it up.

The Kenmore only has a couple cleanings on it so maybe it will fail
next time. That's what warrantees and lemon laws are for.

Jim

Our self cleaner works GREAT is over 19 years old and never had a
failure.

Of course now it will, since I commented on it