Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

Default self cleaning oven

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 06:04:52 -0400, "Ronald'"
wrote:

My recent experience with a self cleaning oven was not good. The result was
that the entire oven electronics failed. The serviceman said that they
cannot take that heat more than a few times. My conclusion is to not use
the feature.

Might be brand/model related. My last one [Magic Chef] went 12 yrs
on the electronics-- the replacement electronics went 6 more.
Corrosion of the burners and floor of the oven is what made me finally
give it up.

The Kenmore only has a couple cleanings on it so maybe it will fail
next time. That's what warrantees and lemon laws are for.

Jim