Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Ceiling Fans

Couple of issues in doing this. Currently, there is only one wire from your
switch feeding the ceiling box, so unless you get a fan with electronic
controls,or remote controls, you'll have to use the wall switch and pull
chains to control fan and lights separately. The ceiling box is not made for
fan support, so it'll have to be replaced with one that is. I'd also
recommend any fan brand but "Hunter" as they tend to be real heavy, and many
need additional support. The existing power to the box should be sufficient.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, looking for some advice here. I would like to replace my ceiling
light fixture with a ceiling fan w/light. Is there anything I should
be aware of as far as power is concerned? Will I need to upgrade my
electrical since I'm replacing lights with two motors? I don't want to
keep resetting my circuit breakers. I don't know much about electrical
systems so any advice would be helpful. I think the fans would both be
on a 20 amp circuit. Thanks.