Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

Default O.T. cost of having electric disconnected/reconnected to pole.

On 04 Jun 2006 08:59:20 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"dennis@home" writes:

Find some different men who don't mind a shock? ;-)

They tend to be in short supply, as this one had the misfortune to discover:

(DONT LOOK IF A SMOLDERING BODY IS GOING TO MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE)

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/elect...v_06_2005.html

I once had to attend a similar fatality, a glorious sunny August bank
holiday Sunday a good few years ago. Couple of guys were moving equipment
at a grain silo, straight into an 11kv o/h line. The worst part was the
guys had brought their families along for a day out.....

On a similar vein, I also knew a cable jointer who used to wet his fingers
and quickly dab them on the ends of live lv cables to phase out when making
straight joints. Oh the joys of HSE. :-)

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net