Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Default No felt

wrote:
Thanks to all on this thread. The roof is not in bad shape, some
re-nailing here and there. This saves fortune on new tiles and felt.

We have a Victorian roof with no felt. The clay tiles occasionally slip,
and I've been able to right those from the inside, so far.

Thinking about getting the roof overhauled using the same tiles, and
then getting
http://www.warmroof.co.uk to bond it all together with
foam, to cut down on further slippages and add some insulation. We can't
have much traditional insulation over the ceiling, the ceiling joists
don't allow much depth and we still want to use the loft space for storage.

So this is our solution, not keen on the expenditure on a new roof,
heavy concrete tiles, problems with the adjoining b****** neighbour etc...

:-)

--
Adrian C