Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Nebula

Default Neighbours Conservatory

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:24:17 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
Derek ^ randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:02:56 +0100, "Gordon Hudson"
wrote:

and cannot be built within a certain distance of a boundary without having a
firewall.

Wot's a firewall ?

It's an American expression for a Compartment (or Party) wall, which
was adopted by the computer industry. In the context of the above
post, it would be a wall having the same period of fire resistance as
that required for a party wall, ie, 60 minutes. I don't know the
Scottish regulations, but I suspect there will be a limit on the
maximum unprotected area within 1m of the boundary (of usually no more
than 1mē).
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"