Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default New woodworking machinery company

On 2 Jun 2006 10:28:33 -0700, wrote:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=26320

I guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You
just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick
your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry,
yellow, red, gray, green, blue, white are already taken. You get your
containers full of Chinese made tools back in America and you start
selling them.

Do we need another company like that?

Probably not- but if they raise the bar even a little, it can't hurt.
Better than a continued decline, at any rate.

FWIW, I haven't used them, but I took a strong look at the Orion tools
at Sears, and they seemed pretty decent. The only thing that turned
me off was that they used odd sizes for most things, and not even
Sears sold the accessories. If it's the same guy that started it
along with some Jet and Delta folks, it could be a good thing. I know
my wood supplier broke off and formed his own company, and his product
line is similar, but the hours, prices and general feel of the place
is greatly improved.

Though I'd agree I'd rather see them start a factory in the US.