Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Moos

Default HF Framing Nailer

John Thomas wrote:

Someone else posted the SKU - 94000, I think. Looks like it's on sale
for the parking lot sale this weekend?

I went by my local retail brick/mortar HF and picked up this framing
nailer. It was $59.99 plus tax. This was outside on the sidewalk.
It's a 28 degree, clipped head nailer. I also picked up a box of
their 2x1/2 treated nails.

Inside the box of the 94000, is the nailer, an instruction manual, an air hose
chuck, an assortment of hex keys to adjust the various bolts that hold
it together and a small bottle of oil.

After getting it up home, reading through the manual, and then
hooking it up I ran through a clip of nails to see how it worked.
It seemed to drive the nails just fine at about 85 PSI. Looks like
it will be great for the occasional project that involves 2x4s and
the like.

The web has it currently for $89.

Inside the store, there's another framing nailer on sale for $89. I believe
this one nomrally goes for $199 or something. I didn't look at it too
closely. But looks like it's a 21 degree nailer, comes with a molded
plastic case and a few nails.

HF, also has some pretty good deals on inexpensive bar clamps ($2.99)
and right angle clamps ($0.99). I also snagged an angle grinder for
$10.