Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows and Siding: Home Depot?

Home Depot absolutely can NOT be trusted. I promise they will quote
you one price & then not show up & then demand more money. I am in the
middle of a Home Depot install nightmare right now. Do NOT use Home
Depot. I was warned & I did not listen! I have only myself to blame.
Don't make my mistake!
wrote:
Hi All

I need new windows and siding...the siding is so bad that it will
probably have to stripped off, and some of the plywood underneath
replaced.

A sales-rep from Home Depot came by yesterday to give me an estimate.
He seemed
honest and knowledgable. The quote he gave for the entire job wasn't
too bad either
(I've gotten a few other estimates as well).

Now the question. Can Home Depot be trusted? Are there 6500 series
windows really as good they claim them to be? Do they do a good job
installing? They say they stand behind their work, but I've heard some
horror stories. Any feedback would be most greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
tz