Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

Default New woodworking machinery company

On 2 Jun 2006 10:28:33 -0700, wrote:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=26320

I guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You
just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick
your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry,
yellow, red, gray, green, blue, white are already taken. You get your
containers full of Chinese made tools back in America and you start
selling them.

Do we need another company like that?

Although there is something to some of that, it probably would help to
have a ton of expertise in the industry, which the founders of the
company appear to have in spades--if you count high level positions at
Delta and Powermatic as expertise.

Elllis Walentine (no lightweight in the industry himself) wrote an
exclusive report on the rollout, which you can read he

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/r...es_766.s html

Several of the WoodCentral folks have already suggested some things,
which I'm sure will be fed back to the company. I like the looks of
the oscillating spindle sander which, if the price is right, will keep
me from having to buy anything from Grizzly.

Unfortunately, they have arrived too late for me as I already have
most of the major tools that I need, but you guys have a ball.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.