Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Default HALOGEN TORCHIER LAMP HELP

wrote:

I have a halogen torchier lamp that uses the type T bulb. The lamp
will not lite. I've already replaced the lamp but I'd like to make
this a "project." The lamp uses a rheostat type switch and I was
wondering if anyone had any ideas. I was going to use my multi tester
to check to see if juice is getting through. The bulb is new. If no
juice is getting through, should I check the switch next? Anybody know
of any circuitry inside the lamp? I haven't begun to take it apart
yet. Any help will be welcome.

Unless it was really high end stuff just toss the damned thing. I used to
fix them and finally decided they weren't worth the effort. Could be a
component in the dimmer (it's unlikely to be a rheostat, more likely a
triac circuit) or it could be that the socket has given up the ghost.
Either way once it starts giving trouble it's going to be a continued
annoyance until it manages to destroy itself beyond economical repair.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate