Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Starrin

Default Trane heat pump information

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:55:12 -0500, "Lavonne593"
wrote:

I just replaced the thermastatin my house. But it stillisn't working. I
had a friend (hes an electrcian, just begining)look at it. He says the
fuse or the transformer is bad.

If you installed the new thermostat without turning off the power to
it, you may have killed the thermostat. I'm making the assumption you
didn't turn off the power, since you don't know where the fuze/breaker
to do so is. If you have a meter, you can check to see if there is
any power currently coming to the thermostat. If there is, you can
then simply go through your panel, securing one circuit at a time,
until you find the one that turns off the power to the thermostat.
If you don't have a meter, call a tech; in fact, call one anyway.