Posted to alt.home.repair
Lavonne593

Default Trane heat pump information

I just replaced the thermastatin my house. But it stillisn't working. I
had a friend (hes an electrcian, just begining)look at it. He says the
fuse or the transformer is bad. He couldnt find the fuse. I need to find
out where its located, and I would also like to know where the transformer
is. I have a Trane heat pump.
Thanks for any help I can get
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Lavonne593 wrote:

I just replaced the thermastatin my house. But it stillisn't working. I
had a friend (hes an electrcian, just begining)look at it. He says the
fuse or the transformer is bad. He couldnt find the fuse. I need to find
out where its located, and I would also like to know where the transformer
is. I have a Trane heat pump.
Thanks for any help I can get

If your friend can't figure out where the xformer is and whether there's
a fuse, then I'd say he's still a **** poor electrician and ought to
keep his hands off that kind of equipment until he knows what he's about..

What caused you to replace the thermostat, and by saying "you" replaced
it do you mean you did the work yourself? If by chance you did, I hope
you killed the appropriate power source before you started removing and
replacing wires from terminals?.

Just wondering, but you'd prolly be MUCH better off calling in a Trane
service technician rather than learning what the term "golden
screwdriver" means, the expensive way.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Lavonne593 wrote:
I have a Trane heat pump.

That is a nice, expensive brand of HVAC equipment.

Call a local service company, explain what you have done, and throw
yourself on their mercy. Hopefully for $150 or so they will repair
whatever damage you have done and get you back up and working again.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Starrin

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:55:12 -0500, "Lavonne593"
wrote:

I just replaced the thermastatin my house. But it stillisn't working. I
had a friend (hes an electrcian, just begining)look at it. He says the
fuse or the transformer is bad.

If you installed the new thermostat without turning off the power to
it, you may have killed the thermostat. I'm making the assumption you
didn't turn off the power, since you don't know where the fuze/breaker
to do so is. If you have a meter, you can check to see if there is
any power currently coming to the thermostat. If there is, you can
then simply go through your panel, securing one circuit at a time,
until you find the one that turns off the power to the thermostat.
If you don't have a meter, call a tech; in fact, call one anyway.