Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Softeners

It's a Water Boss we are replacing. Bought it in 2001. After ordering
a series of parts that didn't help, we have decided to just stop and
instead of getting another more expensive part, to just get a new
water softener. Glad you had better luck with yours....

Rich wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
We are in the market for a new water softener. We tried repairing our
old one but it got too expensive so we are going to buy a new one. So
far the only two brands we've seen are Whirlpool at Lowe's and GE's at
Home Depot. Does anyone know anything about these? The price seems
dictated by how many gallons it will treat...but we don't know anyone
who has used these brands of water softeners. Thanks. We would like
one that will last at least five years.

Water Boss would get my vote. I had one that was so great the only problem
was I would forget to add salt it was so efficient and only generated on
demand.

Rich